Full Version: introducing myself

10 Jan 2009
To: ALL

I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes in March of 2007 so I still consider myself fairly new. I am on 1000 mg metformin 2x day also Byetta 10 mcg 2x a day. Most of the time I have good numbers. I need to learn to eat more frequent, smaller meals. Byetta decreases my appetite so much I'm often not hungry then my numbers sneak up as my liver starts putting out that glucose. A snack or small meal will bring my numbers down again. I need to lose weight and have lost 20 lbs already since being on Byetta not quite three months now. I am here to learn and share ideas and meet new people.

10 Jan 2009
To: ruby (RUBYSTAR2) [#1] 10 Jan 2009

Welcome.

Congrats on the weight loss. How have your numbers been too?

10 Jan 2009

My numbers have been good so far. My last A1C was 6.7 but that was before I started Byetta. My next one is due to be done on Feb 17th. My glucoses are almost always <115 before eating, and usually in the 80's or 90's. My two hour after eating is almost always <130 and usually in the 110-120 range. I eat much smaller portions and I feel absolutely stuffed. I hesitated going on Byetta because I didn't want to inject myself. I finally felt I needed better control and told my doctor I was willing to give it a try. I was tired of high numbers and also needed to lose weight. I am so glad I gave it a try. I was on 5 mcg for a month then moved up to 10mcg. It has done me a world of good, I feel great and losing weight and my energy level has increased. It is wonderful stuff, if you ask me. I can even tolerate the occasional stomach upset. It's worth it.

10 Jan 2009
To: ruby (RUBYSTAR2) [#3] 13 Jan 2009

Hi Ruby. It sounds like you are doing super-well with the Byetta. That's wonderful! I bet the next A1C will show the results. Since you say you want to learn as much as possible, have you read our Byetta Basics yet? You can find the link at the bottom of the Start page under Recommended Reading. You might find some tips for the weight loss and for those times when the stomach upsets get to you. And welcome to the forum. :)

11 Jan 2009
To: ruby (RUBYSTAR2) [#3] 13 Jan 2009

Just want to welcome you. Sounds like you are doing great and if you have any specific questions about Byetta the basics might help, if not just ask us.

13 Jan 2009

Welcome Ruby:

You are doing fantastic (nod)

It's great to hear from some one who is having good fast results, gives others a boost to know this drug does work if we do the right things as you are by eating smaller meals.

Keep up the good work.

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2019 Project Beehive Forum