Full Version: How Does Once-A-Year Byetta Sound?

18 Sep 2011
To: ALL

Hi Y'all,

Got another great "heads up" from Mr. T about a new potential delivery system for exenatide (e.g. Byetta) that will last for an entire year!

Once-A-Year Non-Injectable Byetta - by Intarcia Therapeutics

The DUROS delivery system aims to reshape the way diabetes is treated by offering patients and their health care providers with a more convenient long term treatment regiment. The result is the investigational treatment now in late stage development -- ITCA 650. As part of a robust clinical trial program to develop ITCA 650, Intarcia paired the DUROS device with exenatide. ITCA 650 is a matchstick-sized, miniature osmotic pump that is inserted subcutaneously to provide continuous and consistent treatment of exenatide therapy for up to a year. Exenatide, the active agent in ITCA 650, has been approved in the U.S., Europe and many other markets. Presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) 47th Annual Meeting. See additional information:
http://www.intarcia.com/products-technology/type2-diabetes.html

To see how the technology works check out this link:
http://www.intarcia.com/products-technology/intarcia-platform-technology.html

Well, we have been waiting a long time for the once-a-week Byetta, so personally I am not going to hold my breath waiting for the once a year solution. However, I think most current Byetta users would love to have only an annual minor surgical procedure compared to twice-daily injections? or even once-daily, or even once-a-week? (nod)

19 Sep 2011
To: Mark_in_MO [#1] 19 Sep 2011

Wow, Mark, that is truly amazing! :)

5 Jun 2012
To: toneylee in VA (TONEYLEE) [#3] 11 Jun 2012

Where did you get your byeeta? do you have insurance? i have insurance but they do not cover it.

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2019 Project Beehive Forum