Full Version: Better control of diabetes by CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor)?

23 Feb 2011
To: ALL

Hi folks,

To help understand our need for better management of diabetes by the recent developted CGMs, I am setting up a survey for each of us to share our opinions on how to improve current features on CGM. It will take you about 5 minutes.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/diabetescgm

24 Feb 2011
To: Atlantis [#1] 24 Feb 2011

I would be interested to hear from Type 2s, who have the CGMS, of how they convinced their insurance company to pay for it. I have already purchased the CGMS but the monthly expense for the sensors may have me give up the Dexcom. Somewhere I read about someone who purchased the GCMS but later convinced the insurance company to pay for the sensors. I would really like that.
Suzan

24 Feb 2011

Hi Suzan,

That is very helpful information!

Seems one of DexCom's priorities should align with convincing health care payers to reimburse the disposable sensors.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Sam

24 Feb 2011
To: Atlantis [#1] 24 Feb 2011

I'm a type 2 with a Dexcom 7 plus(I did your survey) and my insurance company paid for the system a year ago. My dr wrote several letters to the insurance company to get the approval from insurance. I have credited the Dexcom for saving me several times from severe lows during both the daytime and while I'm sleeping.

I believe every diabetic, type 1 or 2, should be able to get one if they need one and insurance should pay for them much easier than what they do.

25 Feb 2011
To: Geri in Co:Victoza(3-10) (GERI) [#7] 26 Feb 2011

How low were your lows? I was told that I had to have several lows under 50 within a months times. I have had them under 50 but not three or four times in a month.
Suzan

25 Feb 2011

What is the most successful widely used pain control for neuropathy? What other measures do you find helps? Like does wearing socks help or special shoes?

I am trying to find out what I can to help my husband deal with the pain he experiences in his feet every night.

26 Feb 2011
To: Suzan [#9] 27 Feb 2011

Suzan, I can't remember since it's been a year now but lows aren't the only reason for a cgm. Highs are also a good reason and I was having problems with the big swings especially when I was boxing. Now I'm able to keep things more level even while boxing because I'm not overcorrecting or over preventing before and during boxing.

Keep trying, with your drs help to get insurance to pay, even it's only for the sensors.

26 Feb 2011
To: Debra (DEBRAPURYEAR) [#11] unread

Debra, I'll tell you what I have done for neuropathy in the Discuss Complications island. The delete monster(Dr Bill) likes us to stay on topic in each thread.

12 Oct 2012
To: Suzan [#3] 23 Nov 2012

I completed the form and send test results and the diabetes clinic and the vendor took it from there.

19 Oct 2012
To: Geri in Co:Victoza(3-10) (GERI) [#15] unread

Hi Geri,

FYI - Dr. Bill is no longer involved with DiabetesMonitor.com nor DiabetesDiscussion.com operations.
He still has Dr. Bill Quick's Posts on healthcentral.com - see the attached link:
http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/110

Reply to All

Back to thread list | Login

© 2019 Project Beehive Forum